Jobs at EPI
Our dedicated staff is a creative group that strives to make a positive difference in our world – in the office, in the field, and in their daily lives. These individuals bring EPI’s vision to communities around the world.
Open Enrollment & Airfare Coordinator
This position closes on Saturday, August 9, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Location: Missoula, MT
Description: Ecology Project International seeks an Open Enrollment Sales and Airfare Coordinator who will work with the Recruitment Manager to implement EPI’s open enrollment marketing, recruitment, and sales strategies. This position will also coordinate airfare purchases for visiting participants. Responsibilities involve recruiting Open Enrollment students from the US and abroad via direct sales, mailing campaigns, and trade shows and conferences; growing the Open Enrollment recruitment program; communications and public relations; additional marketing-related work; and purchasing of all visiting participant airfare. This position is supervised by the Recruitment Manager.
Direct marketing and sales: Support Recruitment Manager in enrolling full-paying, visiting participants that will attend one of EPI’s field programs.
• Outreach and sales: Enroll individual students in EPI’s Open Enrollment field-science programs and cultivate and manage relationships with new schools, teachers, organizations, and students.
• Program Development: Grow and lead the Open Enrollment program.
• House/Informational Events: Plan, promote, and host informational events for students, parents, and teachers.
• School visits & Conferences: Lead and assist in preparation, execution, and follow-up associated with occasional school visits and conference participation.
Airfare Purchasing: Support Recruitment Manager in researching, purchasing, and monitoring airfare for all visiting EPI participants.
Recruitment Support: Assist in customer service, database maintenance, and marketing projects.
o Bachelor’s degree
o 1-3 Years of direct sales experience
o Extremely detail oriented with a high degree of organization and persistence
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Proficiency with Microsoft office standard applications, including Access, Excel, Word.
o Ability to work independently including the ability to simultaneously manage discreet projects and on-going accounts
o Maintain good humor and apply professional, common-sense solutions to everyday challenges
o Embrace the mission and goals of EPI
o Master’s degree in sales, marketing or communication
o Experience living and working in Latin America, especially Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica and/or Ecuador
o Experience using web-based sales and marketing databases like Salesforce.com
o Experience working in education or travel industry, particularly with airlines and travel agencies
o The ideal candidate will be confident, out-going, well-spoken, creative, and persistent
Schedule: The Open Enrollment and Airfare Coordinator will work half time starting in October and go to full time in November 2014. This position is based in our Missoula office with occasional travel for conferences and school visits throughout North America.
Compensation/Benefits: $30,000 with competitive benefits package
Apply online at https://ecologyproject.submittable.com/submit/33006 by August 9, 2014 at 11:59 pm MST.
Executive Assistant & Communications Coordinator – Full-time, Missoula, MT.
This position closes on Friday, August 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM.
Location: Missoula, MT
About Ecology Project International: Ecology Project International (EPI) is a non-profit education and conservation organization that offers experiential educational programs to students in a variety of outdoor settings. Students work alongside professional scientists on applied research projects and participate in multi-activity outdoor adventures (camping, whitewater rafting, etc.) in National Parks, forests, and nature reserves throughout the western hemisphere.
Description: EPI seeks an Executive Assistant & Communications Coordinator who will report to the Executive Director and the Communications Manager on a range of administrative, executive, and communications tasks. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, and be highly organized, flexible, and detail-oriented.
Executive Assistant Responsibilities:
• Provide operational and logistical support to EPI’s Executive Director
• Review and summarize a range of documents; prepare reports, responses, and presentations on a variety of topics for internal and external audiences
• Assist with office and infrastructure needs at the Swift Center
• Manage schedule and travel arrangements, including meeting and event coordination
• Record, transcribe, and distribute meeting minutes
• Prepare executive expense reports
• Maintain accurate documentation and filing systems
• Liaise with EPI’s Board of Directors and internal staff as appropriate
• Help develop and copyedit a wide range of print and digital communications (e.g., social media posts, website content, press releases, posters, Vertical Response emails, etc.)
• Coordinate media efforts and act as a liaison between media contacts, the Executive Director, and the Communications Manager
• Update and maintain the editorial calendar
• Help implement and refine EPI’s marketing, public relations, and external communications strategy
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will excel as a member of a diverse team, with multiple projects, activities, and deadlines that require the ability to juggle competing priorities. S/he will possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interact with all levels of staff, media contacts, and our external audiences in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure. This requires a proactive disposition, resourcefulness, efficiency, a high level of professionalism, and strong decision-making capabilities. Sensitivity to confidential matters will be required at times.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office standard applications and general computer skills
• Expertise with standard office administrative practices and procedures
• Experience working in social media, especially Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
• Executive Assistant experience (preferred)
• Experience with graphic design, specifically in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (preferred)
• Nonprofit experience (preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Information gathering, monitoring, and sharing skills
• Problem analysis and problem solving skills
• Independent worker
• Ability to be creative while working within the parameters given
• A good sense of humor and a desire to make a difference in conservation and education
Schedule and Location: This is a fulltime position based in Missoula, Montana. The schedule will vary and might include a small number of evening or weekend hours but will primarily center around the 9-5 hours of our Swift Center offices.
Compensation: Starting salary of $28,000, with a competitive benefits package and additional perks, like a discounted gym membership at The Peak; compensation for biking, busing, or carpooling to work; and midday float-the-river breaks.
Application Requirements: In an effort to conserve resources and create efficiency, we utilize a paperless application process. Please prepare a cover letter and resume, then click the link below and follow the instructions online to submit your application and related materials.
Apply online at https://ecologyproject.submittable.com/submit/33041
No year-round positions offered at this time.
Staff turnover is typically low, although our needs continue to evolve as our programs grow. As year-round positions become available, we will announce them here. Please contact us if you have any questions about our organization or how you can become involved.