Jobs at EPI
Our dedicated staff is a creative group that strives to make a positive difference in our world – in the office, in the field, and in their daily lives. These individuals bring EPI’s vision to communities around the world.
Job Summary: The Travel Coordinator is responsible for arranging airfare for students participating in courses at EPI’s field sites. This position works closely with the Recruitment and Enrollment teams, and provides occasional travel-related support to program sites, including facilitating Pro-deal orders and shipments.
Airfare Purchasing: Research, purchase, and monitor airfare for all visiting EPI participants with the goal of 5% cost savings.
- Research: Monitor visiting courses and research airfare costs for all US groups (700-800 participants) using search aggregators, group desks, student travel agencies and other resources. Research costs savings opportunities, new purchasing channels, and airfare resources to further refine purchasing strategy.
- Purchasing: Purchase airfare for groups within predetermined budgets and time windows; track all group desk reservation dates and meet contract deadlines; check names against student documentation for all purchases; communicate with the Recruitment team on deposits, additional students, and cancellations; record all purchases and monitor costs relative to budgets.
- Monitoring: Update itinerary changes and maintain flight information in Salesforce; problem solve delays, cancellations, name and date changes, refunds, and airline miles inquiries from participants. Maintain ongoing communication with the Recruitment team and relevant field staff on airfare issues.
- Work with the recruitment team to make travel arrangements for conferences and school visits, including airfare, hotel, and any necessary shipping.
- Assist with Open Enrollment student travel: Communicate with student families and field staff to support airfare purchasing. Develop strategies to coordinate the itineraries of students traveling from all over the US to a single field site.
- Assist Recruitment team with creating itinerary documents for each course.
- Coordinate relationships with Pro-deal sponsors: manage existing accounts, add new accounts as needed, and make arrangements for gear transfers to field sites.
- Periodically serve as Duty Officer on the 24 hour emergency cell phone.
- When possible, visit EPI courses in the field to gain a better understanding of EPI and the programs we offer.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience coordinating group travel, especially working with major airline group desks
- Experience using search aggregators like Kayak, Hipmunk, and ITA Matrix
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office standard applications
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and capable of working simultaneous projects within a number of deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially a professional phone presence
- Creative, dynamic, and tenacious in problem-solving
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Willingness to embrace the mission and goals of EPI
- Experience using web-based sales and marketing databases, especially Salesforce
- Experience living and working in Latin America, especially Mexico, Belize, Costa Rica and/or Ecuador
- Proficiency in InDesign
- Spanish language fluency
Schedule: The Travel Coordinator is a full time (40 hours/week) position starting September 1, 2015. This position is based in EPI’s Missoula office.
Compensation/Benefits: $30,000 a year. In addition this position is eligible for a benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, professional development and other benefits as detailed in EPI’s Employee Handbook.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Early applications are encouraged and applications will be considered as they are received.
Submit applications here.
Job Summary: The Enrollment and Development Assistant is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of EPI’s Development and Enrollment Departments. This position splits time between Development (40% time) and Enrollment (60% time). The Enrollment and Development Assistant will support a range of Development and Enrollment tasks including database management, participant registration and paperwork, fundraising efforts, donation processing, and volunteer management. Assistant will also provide general office support as related to Enrollment and Development projects.
Accountability: The Enrollment and Development Assistant reports to the Development and Enrollment Coordinators.
Schedule: This is a full-time, year-round based in EPI headquarters in Missoula, Montana, during core office hours (weekdays from 9 AM – 5 PM). Rarely, travel and evening or weekend hours may be required.
- Help communicate program information to parents, participants, chaperones, and teachers
- Prepare general marketing and program information packets upon request
- Assist with general office administrative tasks, including handling of mail and faxes, answering of phones, and assisting the Finance and HR Coordinator and Enrollment Coordinator
- Work with Enrollment Coordinator to ensure participants receive enrollment packets, submit paperwork and payments on time, and are prepared for courses
- Ensure completeness and electronically file student paperwork and documents
- Support the medical review process as needed
- Donation processing, from initial coding to final reconciliation, thank you letters, and renewal reminders
- Special event planning support and occasional representation at event
- Administrative support: maintain calendar and systems binder, track deadlines, prepare reports, take minutes, assist with mailings and other general administrative support
- Assist Grants Coordinator with preliminary grant research
- Submit corporate donation/sponsorship applications in collaboration with Development staff
- Database management: maintain EPI’s supporter and participant databases in Salesforce, run reports, generate mailing lists, and track campaigns
- Help to maintain both paper and electronic file management systems
- Volunteers: develop and organize EPI’s volunteer program in Missoula
- Demonstrated desire to make a difference in conservation and education;
- Strong computer skills, including database and standard office software;
- Excellent verbal, written, and personal communication;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Superior organizational skills;
- Extremely detail oriented;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and establish and meet deadlines;
- Ability to engage donors and prospects verbally and in writing with sincerity and enthusiasm;
- Bachelor degree.
- One year of experience with fundraising and event planning;
- Experience with SalesForce and/or other CRM or donor management software, Photoshop, or InDesign;
- Experience working in an office setting;
- Familiarity with Spanish.
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Development Assistant may supervise interns and volunteers for specific projects.
Compensation: $27,000/year plus an excellent benefits package that includes paid time off, sick leave, holidays, health insurance, professional development and other benefits as detailed in EPI’s Employee Handbook.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is identified. Early applications are encouraged and applications will be reviewed starting on August 5th, 2015. Hiring decision will be made by September 15, 2015.
Submit applications here.